Tuesday, October 27, 2009

PAST PROJECT(ION)S

I admit I've been a little slack updating this blog (and to be honest, no-one's really following, so whatevs,) but here are a few recent things which have occurred in my illustrious career as a multi-media artist..

LOST TO THE MUSIC - PROJECTIONS
I was commissioned by Dermott Tutty to create projections for the world premiere of "Lost To The Music" a Libretto by John Marsden. The project involved sourcing and manipulating WW2 footage, filming, editing and animating text and images to be screened throughout the performance. I had the pleasure of popping the cherry on the Christie 20K projector at the new Melbourne Recital Centre. Awesome power!

SKINS & SHARPIES - PROJECTIONS
I was asked to exhibit as part of a group show at the Per Square Metre Gallery. The theme was skins and sharpies and I chose to rear-project onto a window space using letters to mask footage and images of my own aerosol artworks. I really enjoy projecting onto windows as it's super effective and really interesting to those not experienced with the medium (aka makes me look clever!)

GERTRUDE STREET PROJECTION FESTIVAL - PROJECTIONS
In July I was accepted into the Gertrude Association projection festival. The theme was dreams and my short film featuring 2 female graffiti artists was rear-projected onto a window space at Hudsons' Famous. This was a great opportunity and the festival as a whole was very interesting, especially the VJ Battle. If you get a chance to check it out next year, do so as the entire street is transformed into a moving image playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment